Friday, August 17, 2012

Dusting off my Spanish

This is actually from 8/12/12. I'm doing my best to catch up. We arrived safely at our hotel in Madrid and slept an incredible 13 hours! I can't remember the last time I slept that many hours in a row. We went down for breakfast in the hotel and the waitress asked me 'Los ninos quieren leche?' Without even thinking about it, I was asking the kids if they wanted milk. What? I actually understood what she said! I was so excited that I didn't even remember whether they wanted milk or not. My confidence swelled even further when she asked me 'Quiere mas cafe, senora?' and I let her know I had had enough coffee. Spanish may come back to me more easily than I thought. Today we are off to ride the metro, get cell phones, and do some exploring of places Bill is already familiar with from his prior business trips. As it turned out, we got cell phones, and also found McDonalds, Starbucks and Sponge Bob in the middle of Puerta del Sol. What else do you need, really?

5 comments:

  1. Hi Susan and family, glad to hear you arrived safely. I love your Blog and can't wait for more updates.
    The Hayes family wishes you all great and memorable times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to get to follow along on your adventures in Spain!! Have a safe and wonderful vacation!! And jaden wants to Skype Jason when you get back ... What is the time difference?? 2 hrs?? We're 8 hrs ahead of TX.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting...Kevin is about to be right in between you and the Doan...Isreal for a month. Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you get it where you can sign up to get an email of your update let us know...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are all safe and well! Enjoy your time in Spain, you'll speak Spanish way better than me..and definitely a nicer accent ;)

    ReplyDelete